The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook

200 Gourmet and Homestyle Recipes for the Food Allergic Family

allergy cookbook

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

AMY'S KITCHEN
NEW GF/CF PRODUCTS



CREAM OF RICE


As the weather turns wintery, even here in Southern California, where I'm wearing slipper socks and curling up in front of the fireplace, what better way to start the day than with a warm bowl of hot cereal? I have always loved cream of rice, it's kind of the ultimate comfort food. And now Amy's has introduced an improved new spin on this age old staple, it's made from ORGANIC BROWN RICE, and is sweetened with AGAVE NECTAR. At only 170 calories, this is truly a guilt-free treat that is sure to be loved by every member of your household, from baby to grandparents. A wholly modern innovation. It's so simple, yet so delicious. So on those days when I am literally racing to get the kids breakfast before school, or when I want a quick pick-me-up snack (while sitting in front of the computer, where I practically live), I will now turn to Amy's. This product is made from: Water, Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice, Organic Agave Nectar, and Sea Salt. Nothing less, nothing more. Just pop it in the microwave, stir, and you've got breakfast made in 4 minutes. It's allergen-free, GF/CF, Vegan, and Cholesterol-free. But wait, the best part, it tastes creamy, smooth, and sweet!


NON-DAIRY CHEEZE RICE CRUST PIZZA



I've long been a fan of Amy's Rice Crust Spinach Pizza, it's Dairy-free, and Gluten-free, so when I heard they were coming out with a single serving Rice Crust Non-dairy pizza, I jumped for joy. First of all, my kids love anything "mini", and the single serving pizza is the perfect size for two little kids to split. It's also the perfect size for any adult wishing to manage their portion sizes. And as much as my family loved the Rice Crust Spinach Pizza, I must admit, my kids most adore plain old regular pizza... nothing fancy, just crust, tomato sauce, and cheese. Somehow, Amy's has managed to make a wheat-free crust that is better than any frozen wheat crust I've ever tasted. It is reminiscent of a deep dish crust (but obviously thinner). It has fantastic texture and flavor. And the cheese has none of the rubbery weird non-cheesiness you often encounter with soy cheese, it tastes like cheese and it melts like cheese.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 6 oz
Serving Per Container: 1
Calories: 460
Calories from Fat:250
% Daily Value
Total Fat: 28g 43%
Saturated Fat: 3g 15%
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 680mg 28%
Carbohydrates: 46g 15%
Fiber: 4g 16%
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 10g

Organic: 76%

Vitamin A: 4% • Vitamin C: 10%
Calcium: 4% • Iron: 10%


Single Serve Non-Dairy Rice Crust Cheeze Pizza
INGREDIENTS : NO TRANS FAT • NO ADDED MSG • NO PRESERVATIVES (VEGAN) ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, SOY CHEEZE - MOZZARELLA TYPE (FILTERED WATER, HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL, TOFU [SOYBEANS, CALCIUM SULFATE], SOY PROTEIN, INULIN [A NATURAL EXTRACT OF CHICORY], CARRAGEENAN [FROM SEAWEED], AGAR AGAR, SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, LACTIC ACID [VEGAN]), ORGANIC TOMATO PUREE, FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER SEED MEAL, ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC POTATOES, ORGANIC TAPIOCA FLOUR, ORGANIC AGAVE NECTAR, ORGANIC RED ONIONS, SEA SALT, EXPELLER PRESSED HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER OIL, YEAST, SOY LECITHIN, SPICES*, ORGANIC GARLIC, BLACK PEPPER. CONTAINS SOY AND SUNFLOWER SEEDS. *100% PURE HERBS & SPICES (NO HIDDEN INGREDIENTS)

No Gluten Ingredients Dairy free Lactose free Vegan Kosher Corn free

23 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Dina J said…

    Cybele,
    I am so excited about these new Amy's meals. I am a huge fan of many of their meals especially their mini pizzas and rice mac and cheeze. I can't wait to try these new additions. I know my sister will be especially happy about the dairy free mini pizza. Do you know if they are in stores yet?

    Have a great Holiday!!!

    All the best,
    Dina

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cybele,
    I tried to go back through your archives and find your article where you mention hypo-allergic dog shampoo but couldn't. My cousin is arllegic to her dog. As well as mold and a whole bunch of other things I can't remeber. Anyway what was the name of the shampoo?

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Cybele Pascal said…

    Aller-pet?

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger MacTavish said…

    Cybele:
    My own grocery store even has a whole aisle of allergen-free items! This is so great that not just those that produce food but also those that sell it are truly trying to keep things safe for everyone.
    And since you've blogged an allergen-free heat-and-eat-pizza, I'd like to ask about the rest of the products that are on the store shelves today. Are they marked well enough now to be totally safe, as long as you read the indregients and warnings? Or are some allergy sufferers just safer to make their own meals?
    And what would you recommend about going out to eat? Are restaurants accomodating enough to have full ingredient lists?

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are so right about this pizza. it is deeeeelish. we eat at least 2 a week for dinner and sometimes change it up with black olives, artichokes, and fresh basil. LOVE IT!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg i can actually eat that cream of rice... huzzah!! :)

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That rice looks delicious. I've always stayed away from things like that because I can't tolerate white rice, but I think I'll pick one of those up to try. It almost looks like rice pudding - which is a favorite in my family.

    Under the Kids Food section of Amy's website, they have a picture of a little girl eating that pizza.

    http://www.amys.com/products/images/kids/whole_thing.jpg

    So cute! But if kids love it, you know it must be good, right :-)

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just tried Amy's Tofu Scamble (obviously not for those with soy allergies), and found it to be really good, better than I expected. It comes with home fries and tomato, and the tofu is scrambled with spinach.

    A lot of my Christmas dinner came straight out of your cookbook, Cybele, mushroom bisque soup and roast chicken with root vegetables. Excellent!

    Happy New Year, everyone.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new years, pascal family!! :)

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cybele's segment on Edible Enemies has been put on YouTube by some kind person -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9hTLOCnf8

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080107/ap_on_he_me/diet_babies_allergies;_ylt=Ar.k4vj_yE.._hu3gn3vtERa24cA

    New study shows that foods need not be avoided during oregnancy to prevent childhood allergies.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Friendly tip: to view URLs which seem "cut off" by the right table on this page, go back to the main blog page and click the timestamp of the blog entry instead (in this case, 9:51 AM). That link will lead you to a comments page where links are not truncated.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    Thanks Jane. My daughter put up that video on youtube. She had to record it off of a VHS tape playing on the television so, alas, the sound quality is not the greatest but I think everyone will get the jist of it. It was the best she could do with the equipment we have. I hope its okay with you Cybele, :)
    Robin

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thank you so much for all your great resources! I hope you don't mind my doing this, but I'm tagging you! Please tell us 7 things we don't know about you! Thanks so much!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just popping in to say i put together a website about eos... http://www.ct-eos.org

    i'd love to include a link to your book/blog if that's alright since so many eos kids are on elimination diets.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello again, Cybele

    Just dropping by to ask if you have heard anything about Sweet Bessie's cupcake bakery in NYC. They are an up and coming bakery that will feature organic, allergy-free cupcakes sweetened with agave nectar and fruit puree. I haven't had any luck searching for further information, but thought you'd be interested. Here is the link to the blog with the information:

    http://theblackberrie.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-sweet-it-is.html

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Dina J said…

    Hey Cybele,
    I hope you are all doing well. I made your "My favorite dressing" and unfortuantely i didn't blend it but i did put all the other ingredients including the basil in it and left it covered in a measuring cup in the refrigerator. I found that it congeeled (sorry if i didn't spell that right). How can i make sure that it doesn't congeel in the refrigerator?

    I was also interested in Sweet Bessie's that new bakery....do you know where in New York it is?

    Thanks,
    Dina

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I have orderd from this place twice and am very pleased to share. They have great kosher organic and natural food products.
    Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com
    Enjoy!!!
    p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cybele,

    I just purchased your first cookbook (and I'm very excited about the prospect of your second coming out sometime soon!). My son is allergic to wheat and is also gluten-intolerant and so cannot have spelt, which is an ingredient in quite a few of the recipes in your book. I noticed elsewhere in your blog that you are steering away from spelt in your second book, and I wondered if you could offer advice on what kind of GF flour is closest to it that I could use to replace it when it's called for in the recipes in your first book. You might have covered this somewhere in your archives, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks!

    Sonya Hemmings

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Cybele Pascal said…

    Hey Lauren:

    I checked out your site, and of course we should link. I'll add you to mine, you add me to yours. Great work, by the way!

    Hi Katy:

    I can't find out anything about this new bakery! Very frustrating. I'll be in NY in a couple weeks, and will try to track it down again. Will keep you posted!

    Hi Sonya:

    Sorry for the delay on getting back to you with this. My next book is going to be completely gluten-free, but unfortunately, my recipes in the first one have not all been tested with gf flours. So, I would suggest substituting a gf baking mix for the spelt or barley flour that I list. Bob's Red Mill has a pretty good one. You can also usually get away with using millet flour. If you can, buy gf oat flour, and that will simplify things... so you only have to sub out one flour.

    Bette Hagman and Rebecca Reilly both have good GF flour mix recipes in their books if you want to try making up a batch of your own. Then you can just use that in my recipes. I know, a lot of substitutions are a pain, I'm sorry. But my next book will do all the guess work for you!

    all the best,

    Cybele

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I have orderd from this place twice and am very pleased to share. They have great kosher organic and natural food products including agave nectar.
    Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com
    Enjoy!!!
    p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Cassie Rivera said…

    Hi Cybele,
    I just tried Amy's Black Bean burrito with vegtables. I can't beleive how good her frozen meals are. I'm trying the dairy free pizza with spinich next time I go to Wild by Nature. I can't wait for your new cookbook. That will make my life so much easier to cook and eat. Can't wait.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Debbie Wallace said…

    為了感謝我的兒子免於自閉症,我決定與仍然遭受此苦的人接觸。
    我的兒子在2017年患有自閉症,這對我來說真的很艱難和令人心碎,因為他是我的全部,症狀很糟糕,他總是溝通困難,並且總是抱怨眼神接觸不良。我們嘗試了神經科醫生開出的各種療法,但沒有一種可以治愈他。我尋找了治愈方法,然後看到一個治癒者的證詞,以及許多其他身體相似的人,他離開了治愈孤獨症的醫生的聯繫。我從來沒有想過自閉症能在我聯繫到他之前自然治愈,並且他向我保證我兒子會好的。我得到了他推薦的草藥,兒子用了它,在一個月的時間裡,他完全沒事,直到這一刻,他都充滿了活力。自閉症是可以治癒的,它是詹姆士醫生的草藥混合藥物,請聯繫醫生以獲取有關其他疾病的更多信息,例如ALZHEIMER病,糖尿病,雙歧疾病,癌症,HIV / AIDS,皰疹A,B,C型肝炎。發燒,癲癇病,梅尼吉蒂斯,登革精神分裂症,前列腺,甲狀腺,細菌,瘧疾,雞雞和乳房增大,多發性硬化症,肺結核,腹瀉,脊髓灰質炎,哮喘,狼瘡,RABBIS,關節痛,胃痛,慢性病,心腦血管疾病,疾病中風,脊髓損傷,ECZEMA,腎臟疾病,ACME,背部疼痛有關如何獲得藥物的信息,請通過他的電子郵件地址與他聯繫.... Greatcureman@gmail.com ......有關更多信息,請與他聯繫。 ... Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home